Our 2018



2018 was a big year for Maggie’s Beautiful People Project. After being set up and completing our first projects in December 2017, we were ready to launch head-first into our activities in the new year. 2018 has seen us attend our first conferences as an organisation, run our own fundraisers and community events, carry out more projects, and partner up with other organisation to help as many people as possible. But this year was not all easy-sailing. I had to learn a lot about an industry and profession that I had no previous experience in, I had to use a lot of my own money until we gained supporters, and I had to face some of my biggest fears. Going to conferences and doing speeches as the CEO of an organisation when you have social anxiety is not easy.

There has been many times throughout the last year when I have thought that continuing with setting up a charity was impossible. It seemed like a crazy idea and one that I would never be able to manage. What eighteen year old with no previous charity, business, or management experience would think that they could set up and run an entire charity from scratch? Looking back, it was a crazy idea, but I am so happy that I didn’t give up because the last two weeks alone has seen me team up with two separate organisations to help over 100 homeless people in Glasgow. And the fact that both of those organisations worked with children and young people was a bonus as it gave us the opportunity to inspire and educate the next generation.

Our social media platforms and email subscribers list totals to over 400 supporters and we have raised over £1000 in public donations this year. These numbers may seem small, but for a newly set-up organisation these stats are fantastic. In fact, this is more than double our goal for this year! We could not have made this incredible progress without the help of the public. Our tagline is ‘Building A Kinder Future, Together’ and there is no better way to encompass what our organisation is trying to do. So thank you to everyone that supported us in 2018, and here’s to an even better 2019!

If you would like to support us then this can be done through:


Comments